Thursday, February 5, 2015

Misc. Photos


Among other things, for Christmas, I received a few gift cards for places where I could buy clothes. Any money I've saved by eating less, I've spent (plus more) on buying new clothes as I shrink out of them rather quickly. The gift card to Target was spent on workout clothes. Which, I love… by the way. Somehow I feel thin and athletic in these new workout clothes.
It's not a great pic… but I
particularly like the look
of myself in profile when I'm
in my workout clothes. 

When one of my friends on MFP requested updated pictures, it was pics of me in my new workout clothes that I wanted to post. It actually never happened. But I did take them. They aren't brilliant. Selfies never are. But here you go.

Ignoring the arm of
my roommate who was
adjusting the light for the
pictures… this is one of my
favorite shots. One, this was
not posed. My sister just
managed to capture this
moment. And two, do you
have any idea how long it's
been since I could cross
my legs like that!?
Next up are pictures of my latest hair color job. It seems like everybody really likes my hair long. And I admit… I do too.  I'm supremely lazy when it comes to fixing my hair. If it takes longer than about 30 seconds, it won't happen. And I loathe having hair in my face. Like any at all. So, I have to be able to pull it back. So, having it long seems to be the best fit for me. I usually go blonde when I color my hair… but having lost 135 pounds, I decided I could probably rock any hair color I chose. So, I chose brunette with copper highlights. A more drastic change than I've ever gone before. And I love the way it turned out. So, the day after the salon visit, I took some time to do my hair up cute and put on a nice outfit and I asked my sister to take some pictures. She's really a pretty good amateur photographer as she has an eye for good shots.

And finally… there is a picture of this little pin that says 100 on it. The hot guy at the gym gave it to me. Apparently he sells Herbalife and this is the pin you get when you've lost 100 pounds. I have never done Herbalife. I have no idea what it is actually. Nor has he ever tried to sell me on it… or even brought it up. But he gave me the pin as a way of saying good job and keep it up.

The whole pin thing is very reminiscent of AA. Which I'm extremely morally opposed to. So, there is a part of me that wants to toss that thing! But the part where it came from the hot guy at the gym… Who really has been one of my biggest cheerleaders through it all...yeah. I can't toss that. So, it is pinned to the little pouch that holds my earbuds. I use those earbuds everyday. And I take that little pouch with me to the gym and when I come home, it goes in my purse so I can take them to work and use them in my laptop. That way, it's still highly visible to me. And I can appreciate the sentiment behind it. But its also inconspicuous.

I've had a lot on my mind lately about this whole process and my thoughts and feelings and beliefs about the whole thing. But now that I'm taking the time to actually write out a blog post… my mind has gone blank and I don't know what I was going to say. So, you get the picture post. And hopefully those thoughts will come back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment