Monday, December 7, 2015

Deciding You Want It

This is not really news. But it's hitting me really hard this evening.

When a person decides they want something… I mean, they REALLY want it… they will do whatever it takes to achieve it. They find a way. But until that time comes… NOTHING anybody can do or say will make a difference.

Take weight loss for example. When someone decides they really want to lose weight, they are willing to do whatever it takes for that to happen. They will undergo painful, risky, and expensive surgeries. They will endure hours upon hours of brutal workouts. They will follow whatever diet plan anybody tells them to. And they actually will do it. But until they really want it… it does not matter how easy it is, they won't do it. They will find an excuse why they can't.

If you want it, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.

It's something for me to realize. To think about right now. Because I seem to be making a lot of excuses lately. So, I need to take some time to decide… is this something I really want?


No comments:

Post a Comment