Thursday, June 19, 2014

A New Direction and a Few Non-Scale Victories

Well… I think I finally bit the bullet. Kind of. I have had good luck with doing what I'm doing and the workout the free trainer at the gym set up for me. But… I can't remember if I mentioned this or not… I felt a little rushed the last (and first) time I met with him. It wasn't one and one and he seemed determined to get a routine set for BOTH of us up in one hour. There were a few things I felt a little lost on. And when I look at my sheet… I sometimes wonder if he intended for me to do more… but since he didn't take the time to explain it and show it to me… I haven't been doing it. I don't know. So, while I have been getting results, I wasn't too overly impressed with my experience with the fitness trainer.

Well, I recently became aware that one of my friends from high school is a personal trainer. She wasn't one of my best friends… but we were good friends. Anyway, even though she lives over an hour away, I contacted her asking if she'd be willing to work with me. Of course I would pay her. She agreed and we have discussed what all would be included in that… especially since this would be a long distance thing… and usually she is used to meeting with her clients at least once a week, and sometimes as often as four times a week. She just left today for a camping trip with her family and will be gone for the rest of the week… but we are now just coordinating schedules for when we can get together for our first session. I'm a little unsure of this… I'm not sure how I feel about so much accountability. But I explained my issues with accountability to her and I think we can work through this. Especially at this point in the game. I've already been doing this for 8 weeks. I feel like this has started to become routine for me. Which is good… because I'm such creature of habit. And by this point in the game… my sisters all know what I'm doing. A majority of my co-workers know what I'm doing. And anybody who has discovered this blog knows what I'm doing. I haven't exactly advertised this blog to anybody, but I have included a link to it on some of my other blogs. So, if anybody has been paying attention… they'll know. With all these people aware… I'm thinking that if I was gonna wuss out on it because I felt like I was doing it for someone else… then it probably would have happened by now. (knock on wood!)

And finally… a few NSV's for the week. I am finally starting to notice that a few of my clothes are starting to be a little too big. The first thing I noticed was my work-out clothes… particularly the pants. Because they are elastic waisted, they weren't exactly falling off… but they had become loose enough on the hips that the fabric started to catch during my time on a particular weight machine. So, I ordered a few different pairs of work-out bottoms. They just arrived today. They are leggings style… so they're pretty much form fitting.  But they do fit comfortably. And I'm hoping that because they are leggings style… they will last for a few more sizes.

And just today I became aware of a couple of other items of clothing that I may have to buy new of. It's a bit frustrating. Because I pretty much just overhauled my wardrobe in 2013. And it wasn't cheap. So, I hate the idea of having to replace clothing that's still in really good shape and that I still like. Not because I hate shopping… I love it… but my bank account… it kinda makes me cringe. But it's a wonderful problem to have. And as I get smaller, clothes will get cheaper and more readily available.

And finally… today my sister gave me a hug and said "Wow. You've lost weight. I can feel it."This is the sister I live with. The one who sees me every day. The one who gives me a hug pretty much everyday. So, for her to start noticing things… says something.

Next weigh-in in a couple of days. And next weekend… my nephews wedding… which means seeing a lot of my family. The majority of whom haven't seen me since I started this.

No comments:

Post a Comment