Saturday, June 7, 2014

Success!

Tonight was a great night on the scale!

I am beyond thrilled to report that I have lost a total of 19.5 pounds. Which makes my current weight 361.5. That makes 5.5 pounds this week. Which is my biggest single week loss yet. I could have cried.

After a week of tracking my calories on MFP, I kept looking at all the days I wasn't even anywhere close to my 2050 daily calorie goal. I couldn't help but think I would have to see a great loss on the scale this week. But at the same time, I was dreading it. I know that muscle weighs more than fat, so sometimes those weeks that you're not seeing the numbers on the scale might be a week where you gained more muscle. I understand that in theory, but there is something rewarding about seeing the scale go down. And I think I would have been very discouraged if I hadn't seen it on the scale this week after tracking all those calories. So, I was really happy to see the scale was my friend tonight.

When I came home from the gym, my sister was working in the yard, so I walked over to talk to her for a minute. She mentioned that she could tell I had lost weight. This was the first time she had ever said that. I gather it was just at that moment as she watched me walk across the grass that she noticed it. Since she sees me everyday, she would be one of the last ones to notice, so it was nice to have that little reinforcement added to the success on the scale.

The next intermediate goal is to get down below 350. Success is really motivating!


No comments:

Post a Comment