Saturday, June 21, 2014

Dare I Believe?

I am really not sure I can believe the scale tonight. I would LOVE to believe it….. but this week was showing a Biggest Loser type loss. I played with the scales for a few minutes… thinking, it was the way I was standing or something. But no matter what I did, it still was showing a huge loss. I think I may try again in the morning, just to see. Once I accepted that daily fluctuations were normal and stopped stepping on the scale every day… and just decided to trust the result… it's been a lot better on my sanity. And essentially they have been losses that make sense. But like I said… tonight didn't make sense. It would make sense if I was on the Biggest Loser… but I'm not. So, I don't really dare believe it.

The weight the scale showed tonight was 351. That's like 7.5 pounds in one week. Which makes for a total of 30 pounds. I told my sister I didn't dare believe the scale tonight… she asked what it was… I said it showed a total of 30 pounds lost… She told me she believes it. And she said it shows. And I might be able to believe the 30 pounds thing, if it wasn't such a huge loss in just one week. So, contrary to advice and my own decision… I'm going to weigh myself again in the morning. If it's within 1-2 pounds either way… then I'll believe it.

UPDATE (6/23): Okay… I did indeed weigh myself the next morning after my workout (all my weigh ins are after a workout)… and sure enough… 351. I guess I have to trust it! But I admit, it now makes me nervous about what to expect at the next weigh in! What is my body going to do to compensate for that?

However… it was kinda fun tonight. It is the Relay for Life this weekend. My sister called me just as I was leaving the gym… in fact, I was still in the parking lot, and asked if I wanted to come down and walk a couple of laps. I agreed. She had invited me earlier in the week and I just didn't think I'd be able to have time once I got out of the gym. But I really did want to, so I figured I'd walk a couple and then double time it once I got home, so I could still get to work on time. So, I met my sister at the park where they were holding the Relay. We got onto the track and started walking. I started walking at a pace that felt comfortable to me. I wasn't trying to be in a hurry… although I didn't want to waste time either, simply because I still had to shower, eat and get ready for work. But anyway… I started to walk a pace that was comfortable to me. I soon realized I was passing people like crazy on the track. And my sister and her friend were falling behind. They tried their hardest to keep up with me though. We walked once around and stopped for few minutes to chat. We decided to walk another round, and again they fell behind. They kept falling further behind. A couple of times, I noticed them cutting across curves so they could catch up to me. That's never happened before… in my life. Tonight I moved up the speed to 3.2 mph on the treadmill. That's the highest I've gone yet. Love seeing progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment