Saturday, May 31, 2014

Company Visits and Another Weigh In

Well, I made it through my first holiday on the diet. Memorial Day. Which, I know… doesn't really count because it's not a major food preparation holiday. But I did have company for the weekend and that always throws things off. But it didn't go too badly. I was able to get my normal workouts in on Friday and Monday. Saturday, I skipped the gym but I was able to get a walk in with my sister. And since it was only a cardio day anyway… It wasn't too bad. Didn't get a walk in on Sunday… but oh well.

The diet portion was a little trickier. Luckily, both Friday and Monday were right on track… Saturday and Sunday I was faced with waffles, restaurants, and home-made hamburgers. All of which could have been bad. I simply tried to watch my portion sizes and make healthier substitutions where I could. All in all, it probably wasn't too disastrous. I felt like Sunday was probably my worst day because I felt like I "pieced" all day long. But at least my "piecing" was on fresh fruits most of the time.

Then on Tuesday I came down with a cold… that has KICKED MY TRASH! It has taken everything in me to get out of bed and continue to workout this week. But, I admit the time during the workout was the time I felt the best. I think the exercise helped break up the congestion or something. But I got back on the scale tonight. Since the initial weigh in 5 weeks ago… I am down 14 pounds, making my current weight 367. I'm calling that a huge win! My co-worker said the other day that it looked like I had lost weight. She is un-endingly sweet and kind… so I don't know if it's true of if she's just trying to be positive and supportive of me. But the scale doesn't lie (supposedly)… so I'm really happy with that.

I'm trying to just come to peace with the scale at the gym… I have another co-worker that is working with a personal trainer these days and she claims that especially in the beginning… your body is adjusting to the new diet and exercise routine… and if you are weighing yourself everyday … it's gonna drive you crazy because your weight will fluctuate so drastically as it tries to adjust to the new routine. She suggested I just stop it and only weigh myself once a week. And that as my body adjusts to it… it will even itself out. Now… that's just coming from her. I haven't done much research to see if that's true. But in a way, it makes sense. I have noticed that if I just go by the weekly weigh in numbers… it seems to make sense. It's when I start going back to "re-check" that it fluctuates like crazy. So…in interest of sanity… I'm going to try to limit myself to the weekly weigh ins. And just accept the number.

No comments:

Post a Comment