Saturday, May 17, 2014

Scaling Back

This week… in an attempt to save my ankle, I have scaled back on my walking. But really, what I've done, is not push the speed so much. I've kept walking. And I've pretty much kept the duration up. I've just gone at slightly slower speeds than I might have otherwise. And it really has saved my ankle. I haven't had that shooting pain pretty much all week. I started to slightly up my speed again tonight… but very gradually. And so far… so good. Actually tonight's workout was really good. The energy level stayed up and I felt good afterwards.

As of tonight, I have upped my sets on the weight from 2 to 3. The trainer wanted me to do two weeks on two sets and then move up to three sets after that. I don't know what that does. I'll have to look that up. But I've decided that I have over-estimated on my weight for the legs portion… because it is KILLING me! I'm supposed to be doing between 15-20 reps and apparently the last few reps are supposed to feel like a push. But on my legs… I can barely get to 15. Twenty would be out of the question. So, I tried taking the weight down by 5 pounds tonight. And I was definitely pushing by the time I got to 15, but it felt a little more do-able. We'll see how this goes. I may have to scale back again on the weight.

And FINALLY… the scale is starting to scale back too! I shouldn't complain too much. Last week was just really disheartening with hardly any weight loss. But at the weigh in tonight… there was a bigger loss. So officially, the scale at the gym is really unreliable. Because I weighed in last night and tonight both and it gave me different numbers again. Last week… when I weighed in the second time… my weight was higher than it was the night before. This time… however, my second weigh in was actually lower than it was the night before. So… We are down to 373 or 371. Either way. That feels good to finally be going down a visible amount. Whether it's 3 pounds or 5 pounds… At least it's a loss that I can feel good about. It means I am down 8-10 pounds in three weeks. I'm definitely happy with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment